Sierra learned to talk and draw early and hasn't stopped creating stories since. She is the author of three books for children with several more under contract including her debut picture book as an illustrator coming in 2021. Sierra lives in Alberta, Canada with her wonderful husband, four fun and crazy little ones, two cats, two fish, two frogs, and an assortment of ladybugs and other guests. When she's not writing, drawing, or caring for her kids, you can probably find her out on a nature walk or hiking in the mountains. That or eating chocolate--all the chocolate.
Ten+ Fun Facts About Sierra:
1) Sierra once roasted and ate a marshmallow on a volcano.
2) Sierra has lived in more than thirteen places including California, Texas, Alaska, Russia, and Japan!
3) Before becoming a mother, Sierra worked as a high school English and history teacher. She's also worked as an art teacher, English tutor, social worker, and--long ago--an ice cream scooper.
4) Sierra went skydiving for her 18th birthday. She liked the floating part more than the falling part.
5) When Sierra was little, she wanted to be a mermaid. She's still hoping to sprout a sparkly tail one day.
6) Sierra loves studying languages and speaks English, Spanish, Norwegian, Russian, and a little bit of Japanese. The next language she wants to learn is Mandarin Chinese.
7) Even though she took gymnastics classes for years, Sierra is terribly inflexible and can't get anywhere near touching her toes.
8) Sierra ate an egg boiled in a natural hot spring in Japan said to grant extra years of life. Maybe she'll live to be 110!
9) Some of Sierra's favorite things to draw are birds. One of her favorite birds is the red-winged blackbird.
10) Sierra went scuba diving in a sunken ship with sharks. She was only halfway terrified.
11) If Sierra had a super power, she'd spread love and kindness all over the world. Since she can't do that, she makes books for children--the next best thing :)